PROJECT MOVID- A Mobile Covid Care facility to trace, test and treat.
(Early Mobile Covid Care Facility)
A. Introduction and Background
The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the grave limitations of our health systems when confronting the unexpected emergence of major diseases. As expected, the most affected are the poor. We believe that mobile healthcare delivery programs play an important role in effectively supporting underserved populations during pandemics, and can do so in a cost-effective manner.
In response, we plan to meet this emergency, on a war footing without much delay, and to reduce the burden on our existing healthcare infrastructure. Project Movid is offering to set up Mobile Covid Care centers offering free, qualitative medical care for Covid in Slums of Hyderabad. To begin with, the project will focus on starting One mobile covid care facility and scale up to 6 such facilities in the coming days. The 3rd wave is mostly affecting the upper airway and majority do not require hospital care. Hence limiting the traffic to healthcare providers helps also in curbing the spread.
B. Operational Plan
Plan 1: First Unit-
Mobile Covid Care
• GCF has Mobile cancer screening vehicles.
• Identify slums which are densely populated and deploy the Unit for 2 hours in each location.
• Set up of Dedicated Mobile covid care team
• Equip the Bus with required medical equipment’s and supplies like oxygen concentrators etc
• Onboard medical and paramedical staff like doctors, pulmonologists, nurses, ward staff, etc
• On field testing with Rapid kits
Plan 2: Scale up 6 units
• GCF has 6 mobile screening buses.
C. Areas of Support
• Seeking support for funding through individual donations, CSR funds, Employee Giving or other donations
• Donations / Sponsors of Medical Equipment’s and Supplies
• Support Manpower cost for a month